There's never been a better time in history for someone to make money remotely. Especially last year with COVID and the mass adoption of remote work.
There's a massive community online, that's growing every year, of digital nomads. People that freelance or start a business that affords them location independence and flexibility to design the lifestyle that fulfills them.
This is actually something you can do, and sooner and easier than you may think.
And today, we're going to talk with someone that's done it and, and discuss the real talk of what that lifestyle is like.
Jules Costa is a content and communications specialist, who built a career on a $200 laptop during the pandemic and visited over 21 countries before the age of 24.
Some of the topics we dove into:
- The struggle with balance, moderation, and inner insecurities as an entrepreneur.
- Are entrepreneurs "wired" differently?
- Self-regulation and "unplugging" in an always-on society.
- Social media and the illusion of connection and learning.
- Starting out, and finding mentors to guide your transition into freelance.
- How the nomadic life is waking up in a new reality every day.
- What it's like growing up with entrepreneurial parents.
- Internships as a low stakes way to split test career paths
- Imposter syndrome and reframing it as beneficial.
- Pricing, self-worth, and how fear of rejection is limiting your income.
- Burnout and the early warning signs.
- Navigating grief and mental health with clients and coworkers.
- Anthony Bourdain and what is on the other side of escapism.
- Coming to terms with death.
- The "Groundhog Day" of long-term full-time travel and how it changes you.
- Tribalism, reality distorting algorithms, and how things changed after COVID.
- Gen Z being arbiters of their own reality, TikTok and the rise of nihilist meme culture.
- Lifestyle design, digital nomads, and arbitrage.
- Space capitalism and the existential dilemma ahead.
- Crypto, decentralized finance, and the coming disruption of power structures.
- Hurdles to mass adoption and reframing how the public perceives cryptocurrencies.
- Bad user experiences and unconscious desires.
- Elon Musk, and the financial incentives bottlenecking global innovation.
- And so much more.
Connect with Jules on Instagram: @julesontap
Music by Kirby Johnston – check out his band Aldaraia on Spotify