The Josh Boone Show
#4: Mark Cann – Making Friends, Authentic Outreach, Reframing Rejection & The Future of Networking
August 10, 2021
Today Josh speaks with Mark Cann about how to open up with others, be vulnerable, make friends, and grow your network authentically.
Today we dive into:
- The differences and best approach for both introverts and extroverts.
- Learning how to tell your story in an authentic way that resonates.
- How to be a good listener and ask good questions to get to truly know somebody quickly.
- Addressing the myth that people "don't want to have authentic conversations."
- Overcoming scarcity bias and reframing rejection.
- How to approach strangers and make friends while traveling.
- Approaching sales as genuinely helping people — not selling or pitching.
- How to authentically connect with people at networking events.
- Networking during a global pandemic.
- How online networking apps like Lunchclub are a fantastic low-risk way to start meeting new people and growing your network.
- The future of co-working in a post-pandemic world.
- And much more.
Mark Cann is an entrepreneur, growth marketer, speaker, and outreach specialist. For the past 16 years he has been a consultant, strategist and successfully led business development teams, including working with the team at Vungle which exited in 2019 for $750m. Mark currently is the Founder of Growth Warriors where he helps B2B companies grow through outreach and lead generation.
Connect with Mark – LinkedIn: @MarkCann Website: growthwarriors.co Twitter: @MarkyCann
Music by Kirby Johnston – check out his band Aldaraia on Spotify